Monday, November 29, 2004

Monday at my desk

Whew! What a busy weekend. It seems I was going full tilt for the last 2 days. The Atc swap in Bellingham was really well attended-there were 22 of us there and I managed to run out of cards, once again. I took Carie who is new to the Vancouver swap with me and I think she had a good time. We shopped at Treasury of Memories in Bellingham, had salad bar at Izzy's (This is a treat since there are no longer salad bars in Canada.) then went over to Stapadoodle and Paper Zone. I found all kinds of wonderful stamps I had to have. I decided to make Xmas postcards this year, rather than cards. I bought 3 stamps to do this and managed to get them done on Sunday. YAY!

I was amazed to see Xmas trees (the real kind) for sale south of the border. It seems really early and I have had thoughts of tinder dry trees bursting into flames prior to the 25th. It kind of worries me! Hopefully those putting up trees this early will be really careful. It would be awful to have a house fire anytime, but especially during the holidays.

Sunday I was busy working on the Xmas postcards. I want to get them in the mail this week. Today I am working on finishing up a few art projects that are due in the next week or so so I can clear my plate for the holidays. I am sure I will keep working on odds and ends of art over the holidays, but nothing with a hard and fast deadline for the rest of this month.

So far today I have finished my library card art for Penn's latest project. She gave each of us 2 identical library card catalogue cards. The cards have a description of a book on them. The idea was to read this description and then do art on the back of the card to match. Mine said "TV Boy: To escape failure, boredom and loneliness, a young boy plunges with all his imagination into the world of television." PLUNGES! ROFL! I will post a pic of what I came up with so you can see my interpretation. Penn is going to colour copy all the entries and everyone who participated will get a book. It should be really cool!

Okay, I have to run. I have some robot art I need to do now and then a trip to the post office to mail off a bunch of stuff. I wish I had stocks in the P.O.-I think I owe my soul to Canada Post by now! *waves*

No comments: