Friday, December 17, 2004

One Week!

So here it is Friday morning and my kitchen table is still buried under a pile of art supplies. I mean literally. I still have ATCs to make for Sunday and I am in the middle of doing some pages in Penn's altered book. I seriously doubt I will have the table cleared by this evening. Sunday morning is more likely.

I also want to post some pics of the latest art work I've done. I just haven't had time to do it. Maybe by Monday if I can wrap up (pun intended!) all the Xmas prep today and tomorrow. I plan to spend the whole day shopping today and then wrapping this evening. Tomorrow I plan to do the making of food stuffs I usually make to give away to friends. Anyone else feeling the crunch?!?

Happily I hostessed an Artsy Santa Swap which means that everyone who participated sent their giftee a parcel with one art piece they made and something to create art with. (Like a zig pen, some ephemera, etc.) I have my parcel sitting here, unopened, ready to go under the tree. I know I am going to enjoy it Xmas morning. I love getting art in the mail-it just makes me so happy. Although this week, I did have a mail DISASTER! As I have mentioned before, I am doing a sort of Artist's Way project with a group on N'ness. I have been waiting for my packet of intro letters from all the participants. It arrived Monday, looking a little worse for wear. I opened it, only to discover that somewhere along the line, someone had dropped it in a puddle, rendering it illegible. All the inks ran to the point that it looks like someone smeared a bit of black ink on a page. It was completely ruined. So I emailed the project hostess and she is going to make another copy for me and mail it out at the end of the month. It was *SO* disappointing.
It's a good reminder to pack your artwork/projects in a Ziplock bag before putting them in an envelope. It will save them from being ruined like mine was!

Well, I had better get a move on if I want to hit the malls before the crowds do. I'll give the monthly ATC swap report on Sunday night. Happy holidays everyone!

No comments: