Tuesday, January 04, 2005

More Book Info!

For those of you who are interested, C&T Publishing has just issued a press release, talking about the launching of their new line of books, aimed at paper crafters. Anyone who is a quilter is familiar with their wonderful publications.

One of the things they will be offering is blank board books. No more sanding, peeling and cursing! If you have worked on an altered board book, you have experienced what a pain and a mess it is to prep one for altering. I know I am going to love starting with a clean matte surface. I can spend less time prepping and more time creating-works for me!

Congratulations to Jan Bode Smiley on being a part of this wonderful new division of C&T! Jan has 2 books being released:

-The Art of Fabric Books: Innovative Ways To Use Fabric In Scrapbooks, Altered Books & More

-Altered Board Books Basics & Beyond: For Creative Scrapbooks, Altered Books & Artful Journals

*Please note that the second book is not hardcover like it says. Both are softcover.

Since I have art in both books, I am dying to see them. My copies should be here before too long! *fingers crossed!*

In the meantime, I have been working hard on writing my Altered Book classes. The workshop I had posted info on earlier is now FULL! One email and 3 short days later, no less! WOW!

The holidays are done so everyone is back to work and school this morning. YAY! I have a whole day of quiet to work in! I love my guys but it's so hard to concentrate on anything creative when the tv is blaring and people are interrupting me every 5 minutes. I am sure there are plenty of you out there who know the feeling. *grin*

No comments: