Thursday, January 06, 2005

SNOW DAY!!

Yes, you read right-the greater Vancouver area is getting on of those rare occurrences-a snow day! Contrary to popular belief, it rarely snows here, except in the mountains. Up until this last week, I was running around town in a light polar fleece sweater, rather than a proper winter coat. Today actually called for a coat, boots and a snow brush/ice scraper for the car! Amazing!

In the meantime, I have been busy writing my classes and assembling my class sample book. The AB class filled up in a mere 3 days! WOW! As I've been reminded, most Canadians have not caught onto altered book/altered art yet unless they are active online. It' s just beginning to take off here. I have been at it for about 3+ years already, mainly doing swaps and projects online with friends from the US and Europe.

The first pages for the collaborative book project I am hosting, The Book of Naughty have come in all the way from Germany. The pages are wonderful and now I am getting really excited about how great it will be! I will have to post pictures when it's all done.

I signed up for a class on making a coptic stiched journal today. It was only $20 which seemed like a good deal for a skill I would be using over and over again, once I learn it. I have been wanting to know how to do that kind of binding for about a year or so now. Should be interesting!

Well, time to dig the car out and go pick up my son from school. Better leave early since it's slow going. Coming home from dropping him off this morning, I missed my turn entirely. It was pretty funny. I especially loved the look of terror on the face of the woman who was waiting to make the same turn from the opposite direction. I just figured "Oh well, I'll just catch it on the next block down." She looked like she was having a Depends moment!

No comments: