Monday, March 20, 2006

Inspiration

There are a couple of things rocking my art world right now. One is the brand new album from James Blunt. It's absolutely brilliant and just the sort of thing I like to have playing while I create. My son gave it to me for my birthday. I am sure I will wear it out in no time and I have already ripped it so I can take it with me on my Lyra to Artfest. I just need to get a new set of earphones.




I went and spent my gift certificates at the scrapbooking store yesterday. These are the other thing I am loving right now art-wise. Each is a single rubber stamp that has a dozen different stamps in one. I bought these two with my windfall. I thought they would be really great to use in my journals and they were fairly reasonable. My friend Deb also sent me a set of alpha stamps that are teeny and snap together so you can create your own words. I love that all this stuff is so compact so I can just toss it in my bag and take it with me to journal with!


I also wanted to share with you this picture I took of The Lions (the two peaks in North Vancouver, a landmark of the city) yesterday. They were just so beautiful I had to capture them. I won't tell you that I was zooming down the freeway when I shot this. Oh no-I would never do a thing like that now would I? Okay so it was a bit nuts but I was just so inspired by their beauty I couldn't resist. I love my mountains and the ocean. I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Truely.

Happy Spring everyone!!

3 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

NOPE! Not driving-navigating!! I get to sit back and relax this trip. Janice is driving the Canadian caravan! :)

Anonymous said...

James Blunt is fabulous! I have been listening to him for months now, and must admit I am still not tired of it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Lelainia! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time - and enjoy artfest!!! I am bright green with envy LOl - one these days (years!) I *will* make it!!! Thanks also for linking me :-)

AND - James Blunt - ooooooooooh yes, I listen to it just about non-stop when I'm creating... still not tired of that CD after goodness knows how many months! Though I was affronted to hear him described as 'the housewives' favourite'!! What a cheek!!

Hugs, Lolly xxx
(Off her trolley)