Saturday, March 04, 2006

Thoughts on a Saturday Afternoon.

I am still working on trades for Artfest. (Only 25 more sleeps!!) I am thinking I would rather have some left over than find myself with not enough! I especially like this little book I made. (You'd have to know that I have an irreverant, wonky sense of humour to know why I find this funny.) There are more little books posted on my Flickr. (See the sidebar on the right.)

I was listening to Pandora while I was working today and one of the songs I heard had some interesting lyrics. It said "My soul is stirred, not shaken." Now I know that's a backwards referance to a famous James Bond line, but in the context of the song, it was about what stirs your soul, what inspires you. It got me to thinking about the things that stir my soul and I was able to come up with several things:

-Mt. Baker on a clear morning when the light in the sky is melon pink and the peak is white with snow.
-The moment in which I first stood at Ground Zero with my friends who lost their son there.
-Hearing a song with beautiful lyrics that speak to me.
-Heartfelt expressions of love.
-The briney smell of the ocean.
-The deafening silence of a prairie winter.
-A joy of reading a really good book.
-A fierce thunderstorm.
-The wind blowing through the trees and scattering leaves on a crisp autumn day.

So I ask you, what stirs your soul? I think it's an interesting thing to think about and perhaps the answers will find their way into my artwork eventually.

2 comments:

beth said...

I SO love your site. You have such a way with words and thoughts and feelings. I love your new little books. Can anyone REALLY have too many little journals or books ???? I have a collection of them and I feel like they are such a part of my life, since I can carry them with me all the time. Thanks for keeping me entertained.
I am seasidedreamer.blogspot.com

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words. Much appreciated. ;)