Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Playing Around Some More!

I made one more teeny weenie punch needle piece and framed it in a flip top frame. (Papier Valise also has these if you are looking for them.)

When I say teeny weenie, I mean it-this little blue heart in the frame measures 3/4 x 1 inch. I wrapped a bead in copper wire and aged the wire with liver of sulphur to make the dangle part then hung it from another pretty ribbon from PV. It didn't take me very long! Now I have two new pendants to wear. I just LOVE handmade jewellery-I love the idea of having things that are one of a kind and interesting.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing! *grins*

3 comments:

Shari said...

I just love these little things!!! They are so cute! I have questions about Liver of Sulphur---I've had a bottle for a while (the liquid concentrate) and I have been afraid to use it. I just don't know where to start. Any help and suggestions much appreciated.

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I don't know a whole heck of alot about it. The kind I have came in chunk (rock) form and I just put some in a mason jar, added water, sealed the lid tight and shook it to mix. Then I just dunk the copper I want to age into it for a few seconds and it's good to go.

Erika Tysse said...

Wow, these are fantastic! I know exactly what you mean about having handmade jewelry - one of a kind - there's nothing like it! Fabulous work, wish I was a fast learner!