Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Artfest 2008!!



Original Artfest 2008 logo by Tracy Moore

Hi Folks, I am still alive. I haven't been online much as I am still dealing with the back problems that happened after a fall I took 2 weeks ago. I went off to the doc again to see what the second set of x-rays showed. (I think I about glow in the dark by now!) Next on my dance card is to have blood work done, a CT scan and a trip to the neurologist. What fun! (NOT!!!) This is not how I planned to spend my summer and I have about had enough!

In the meantime, to keep myself entertained, I have been perusing the workshop offerings for Artfest 2008. If you are interested, click here. There are so many YUMMY classes and a host of new instructors, which makes things all the more interesting. The challenge comes in only choosing 3, especially when there are several that pique my interest on the same day!

If you've never been to Artfest and are thinking about going, GO! I can't tell you how much fun it is-you have to see for yourself. What I can tell you is that I have learned how important it is to fill up my creative well at least once a year, to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones, to uncover skills and talents I didn't even know I had and to breathe in the beautiful surrounding Ft. Wordern has to offer. It's a magical thing to commune with 500 other like minded people, people who "get it" and don't look at you like you are some kook who's always covered in glue and paint and is obsessed with hording "stuff". It's become my annual birthday present to myself. Believe me, if Artfest doesn't feed your soul, I don't know what will!

Anyway, back to bed with me where I'll be happily mulling over my class choices...oh the possibilities!

No comments: