Saturday, February 06, 2010

Olympic Torch Relay

Awhile back I discovered that the torch relay was going to be coming to my neighbourhood. I was excited because I could walk to where I could watch it and then afterwards attend the celebration being held at the local park.

In the last week, I noticed that there were no parking signs on the poles on the street I go down to get to my house. The date for the not parking along that street was the day of the torch relay. "Hmmm.." I thought to myself, "I wonder..." I just went to look online and sure enough, the torch is coming down that street! This means I can walk out of my house, to the end of my block and the torch is going to pass right by!! It could not be any closer for me to see it!

I also came across a video of our mayor, Richard Stewart showing the route the torch will take, so if you read my blog from far and away and want to see parts of the city I live in, you can get a peek. I enjoyed the video-our mayor is adorable and funny.

I am supposed to make a trip to the hospital for a treatment on that morning and I've already pushed it back so I could see the relay at least, but now I am going to try and see if I can push it back a bit further so I can enjoy the party too. *fingers crossed* I'd really hate to have to miss the party!

Anyway, I am thrilled to be able to enjoy this event literally in my back yard. Hopefully my best friend can come watch with me. My guys will be at work, most likely, but I'll have both my digi camera and Flip at the ready!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

He IS adorable. Loved the video. Do I need to send kleenex...I think you are going to need a case of them.

Deb said...

Your Mayor is doing a lot better than I would have! I'd be riding in the car the whole way. Cool to see your neighborhood, kiddo! Hope you can ParTAY along with the rest of the neighborhood gang. Go, Canada!