Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lazy Summer Days


If this doesn't look like summer, I don't know what does! My husband has a ton of bandannas that he wears underneath his hard hat in the summer and yesterday he washed them and hung them out on the line to dry. They looked like colourful prayer flags flapping in the breeze, so I had to grab my camera. It's a simple shot, but I like the colours against the backdrop of the beautiful blue sky.

I really do believe that part of the magic of Light Hunters lies in elevating the ordinary through the use of light. It's changed the way I shoot things. When you understand how to find and use the light to enhance what you are shooting, your photos are transformed.


Because there can never be too many photos of my handsome boy, here's another that I took before he realized I was pointing the lense at him. When Indy lies like this, he reminds me of a Spinx. With the way the mid-afternoon light's playing off him, you can see how shiny his coat is. (You can click it to make it bigger and really see the details of this photo.)

We're celebrating a long weekend here in British Columbia. It's BC Day on Monday, so we have three days to relax. The weather is good right now (as in not cold and raining, as has been the case for most of the summer so far) so we'll probably spend a fair bit of it outdoors. Indy's going for a swim this morning. The only real plan I have for this weekend is to see Cowboys & Aliens so I can get my Harrison Ford and popcorn fix. Two birds, one stone!

Only 2 days left of Light Hunters!

1 comment:

Nancy Lynn said...

You are so fortunate to have cool weather as some of us down here in the south are "cooking". I enjoy your blog although I don't comment much and miss you on ROD yahoo group. I had a big bowl of popcorn last night.......my favorite treat of all times.