Sunday, January 15, 2012

2nd Generation Art

 She Dreams of Everest

I've been playing around with macro for this week's Getting Through the Grey class. On a whim, I decided to shoot some macros of pieces of my mixed media artwork I have sitting around in the studio. These were large painted and/or collaged pieces so I shot small isolated ares of them. I layered them with other photographs I've taken and voila!

I think the most powerful tool we have as artists is our ability to ask ourselves "What if....?" It's that question which led me to experimenting in this way. I created She Dreams of Everest just to see what would happen and I'm pleased with the results. It's like a whole new style I've created for myself-2nd generation art. I like reinventing things.

experimenting=learning

 Portal

This one is a section of a painting combined with an image of a window with a hall and doorway behind it I took at the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Gardens. I love how it looks like old, chippy paint. It's kind of magical.

 The Picture Makes A Promise

This one was a combination of a still like I took of an old Brownie camera I have in my studio and a section of my artwork.

Sneaux Dog

Late Friday night, we got sneaux*, which is unusual for this elevation. Up until now, I've been running around town with just a hoodie on-it's been an extremely mild winter. Then this cold front moved in overnight and down came the white stuff. By 10 a.m. yesterday though, we were ankle deep in slush-the sun came out and the sky was clear blue. Indy, who loves the sneaux went out and had a couple good romps. His paw prints were so adorable all over the back yard I couldn't resist capturing them.

Before I sign off for now, I also wanted to say THANK YOU for all the kind words you've posted here, on Facebook and in emails about my selection as a Difference Maker for the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay. You sure know how to make a girl feel loved!



*I'm not allowed to say the "S" word in this house, so I always write it this way.

1 comment:

Seth said...

These 2nd generations are sensational. Creative and clever and drawing me in to look at all the layers. What if? Asked and answered.