Monday, January 02, 2012

One Year Ends, Another Begins


This is how we spent the last day of 2011-hiking in the woods, on a lake, in the mountains. I revelled in the silence. Indy had a blast swimming. It was incredibly warm-at least 10C and blue skies. We live in paradise.

I am so pleased with this shot. I love how the light caught the drops of water hanging in the air as Indy plunges at top speed into the lake. The splash in front of him is his water Kong, which we throw and he lives to retrieve. When it comes to photographing my dog, I always use the "sports" setting on my camera, which snaps really quickly and allows me to capture great shots like this. Indy's very athletic, so he'd be nothing more than a blur if I used anything else.

All week long I worked on a year-end photo project and had planned to post it yesterday morning. I spent HOURS trying to upload it, but there have been some technical difficulties and right now I don't have the patience to re-do the entire project. I'm going to leave it for a bit and at some point when I am not so annoyed, I will revisit it. Sometimes, you just have to have the wisdom to know when to walk away.

I am working diligently on finishing my Sketchbook, which is due before the end of the month. I've been working on it in fits and starts. I am about 1/3 of the way there. It's the only project I have left from 2011 and I'll be tying up that loose end in the next week or so. After that, we'll see what comes next.

3 comments:

Carol Browne said...

At first glance, I thought that you did the Polar Bear swim. LOLS. Then I realized it's not you at all. DUH. Indy is a true water dog. I love that guy.

Happy New Year! Did I say that already? :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to end an old year/begin a new one!

I have so many projects left-over from 2011...but that won't stop me from starting new ones for 2012! Wouldn't want it any other way!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous shot!