Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gather!


 A few weeks ago, when I volunteered to help with This is East Van's book launch and gallery open, I crossed paths with Cariann who invited me to an event she was putting on called Gather Pop Up Shop. It's an event that boasts some really wonderful art and unique handmade goods for sale, some great creative workshops plus a daily happy hour. It began on Friday, runs through the end of Sunday and then it's gone!


The venue is at the corner of Carrall and Cordova in Vancouver, on the edge of Gastown.


There are a bunch of brightly altered bikes parked out front, so the place is hard to miss.



Pretty windows!


Love this giant lantern!


These are the pop up girls-they rode around Vancouver on those crazy coloured bikes handing out free gourmet popsicles.


This is a really cool art installation inside the venue.


I signed up for an artful city walk workshop with Gabriel Carbrera. We poked around the nooks and crannies of the neighbourhood, taking photos. Most people were using their iPhones and Instagram. Gabriel shared lots of tips and tricks about using Instagram and a variety of apps.I don't own an iPhone (sadly) so I shot with my Rebel. (Which was fine with me!)


Part way though our walk, we popped into a local restaurant, Nelson the Seagull for a bite to eat.


There were expecting us and prepared most delicious bread I've ever tasted, along with homemade preserves and lemonade served in 1/2 pint Mason jars. I was so charmed by the prairie feel of this place. It felt like home to me. I'll most certainly be stopping by again.

I took a ton of photos, but it's going to be a day or so before I have time to work with them. I'll post some when I get a chance.

Yesterday, I also won a Gather goodie bag and a free workshop for a friend and I so tomorrow I'll be taking a stitchery class. I'll tell you all about it in my next post.

No comments: