Friday, October 05, 2012

It Never Gets Old!

Image Copyright Stampington LLC 2012

I came home the other night to an email from my friend Seth Apter. He wanted to let me know that an article he'd written about his 5x5 project was going to be published in the November/December issue of Somerset Studio. YAY!



Seth put a call out way back in the late winter/early spring for artwork. The only guidelines were that it had to  answer one of three questions Seth asked and measure 5x5 inches. I chose the question "Who has had the most impact on your creative life?" which was a no-brainer for me and I answered the question in zine form. I hand delivered my work to Seth when he was here in early May on his book tour for The Pulse of Mixed Media.

Seth's email also informed me that my work has been included in his soon-to-be-published article and not only that-it's also being used to promote the upcoming issue it appears in on Stampington's website


Image Copyright Stampington LLC 2012

That's the cover of the zine I made, featuring one of my mixed media photographs, Skydiving in the upper left hand corner. Cool! I can't wait to pick up this issue of Somerset!

Congratulations and thank you Seth for generously including me! 
You are the best!

2 comments:

gisele said...

Oh wow, I love your 5x5! Wish I could read all the words, though. Publishing news - so exciting!

Amy Huff said...

Congrats, that's fantastic!