Sunday, November 04, 2012

The Pulse Charity Auction


This is my friend Seth Apter, who is one of the kindest, most generous and genuine people I know. 


Seth lives in New York City and while no harm came to him personally during the storm last week, he, (like many of us) has been touched by the stories of devastation and loss Sandy left in its wake, particularly in his hometown. Seth, ever the instigator (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!) has a fantastic plan about how we can help the people of New York City recover. 

Here's what it is, in his own words:

"As I traveled around promoting the book, I obtained as many signatures as I could from all the contributing artists I met along the way, as I knew that one day there were be a special reason to do this. And today is that day. I have decided to auction off a copy of the book, (signed by 30 artists) along with a piece of my art to benefit the victims of Sandy. The charity I have chosen is The Mayor's Fund To Advance New York City. I will be donating 100% of the proceeds and this fund uses 100% of the monies received for direct aid."


This is a beautiful book, made all the more special by merit of having been signed by so many of the artists involved. It took a community coming together to create this book and it will take a community effort now to make a difference for those who so desperately need our help.

Seth has posted all the details of this effort on his blog, which you can find here. In addition to the book, there are also some original artworks that will be included. 

There is the option to make a straight donation of any amount, if you would prefer. Every little bit helps. You can also help by spreading the word if you have a blog, twitter or facebook. Please tell your peeps and ask them to tell their peeps and let's see how much good we can do, because it's the right thing to do.

"There's a destiny that makes us brothers,
none goes his way alone. 
All that we send into the life of others
comes back into our own."

~Edwin Markham


EDIT: So many of the artists involved in the book wanted to help Seth with this auction that they've donated even MORE art to the cause. As a result, Seth now has two bundles he's auctioning off and there will be more added. Please click the link to get all the details and check back often to see which new bundles that are available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really beautiful! and I love the quote you use to end this post. truly beautiful. xxo