Thursday, October 07, 2004

New Art!!

For quite some time now, I have been admiring Linda Wood from Sisters on Sojourn's mixed media collage using Buddha as the subject matter. There is just something so interesting about Buddhism to me. Yesterday I was in a book store shopping for a birthday gift when I came upon this little chubby book of Buddha wisdom. I bought it on impulse and after going through it and marking quotes I really liked, I decided to make some art from them. The result is my first Buddha piece called "Rest'. I managed to create it in about 1/2 an hour and I am really pleased with how it came out. I find putting paint to canvass so relaxing.

I still have not had time to take a picture of my new quilt, but hopefully I will be able to take care of that tomorrow. This has just been such a busy week with Thanksgiving this weekend and relatives arriving tomorrow to celebrate with us. I am also going to see "One Man Star Wars" tonight which while probably silly beyond belief, should also be highly entertaining.

My Bandaids for the Soul project is almost complete, but for the returns being mailed out, which I will be doing this morning. Then I just have to work on the metal hinged bandaid box I am keeping my cards in. Soon as that's done, I will post a pic.

Okay, time to run! Have a great day everyone and thanks for popping by!

No comments: