Monday, October 18, 2004

Updates (Better known as No Good Deed)

So I was all excited to be able to add some pictures of the grief themed collaborative book project, which is now complete to my website. I snapped the pics with my trusty digi (I really need to come up with a name for my digi-it's a good little friend!) and uploaded them to my computer. No problem!

I then proceeded to update the gallery page they were going to go on. I got them all loaded up and ready to go and went to publish. PROBLEM!!! It would not publish. I had "exceeded my disc quota"! WHAT?!?! ARGH!! So I log onto the FTP thingy (that's a technical term) and spent the rest of the afternoon deleting old files and revamping the gallery over and over till I could get a successful upload. Needless to say, it turn into the Pandora's box of uploads.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I now have the gallery all fixed up, but those of you who visit often will notice that the altered daytimers I had in that gallery have gone. Something had to give and they were it this time. Life is a series of compromises. Perhaps when my webpage sage comes over next, I will ask her to help me establish a couple more pages for uploading altered art to. It pains me to have to delete in order to fit new work in.

In any case, if you are interested in collaborative books, you can now see the first two I have worked on. I still have one somewhere in the mail system I am waiting for. Should be here shortly. Thanks to everyone who has emailed of late-it's *so* nice to hear what you think of the website. Happy arting!

No comments: