Sunday, November 07, 2004

Art Party

So it's been pouring rain here all weekend-that's Autumn on the wet coast. Yesterday evening I decided that it would be nice to have a friend over for the afternoon and just do art together. She's coming about noonish and we will just take over the dining room table, put some CDs in the stereo and create! As Pooh says "It's so much friendlier with two." I am going to try and get a jump on Xmas gifts if I can figure out what I want to make. Guess I should start with a list...

I picked up the newest issue of Somerset Magazine. It's not an overly Christmassy issue, which was a nice change. The theme was chocolate so there were alot of art examples in it that were in brown tones. I did notice though the huge amount of advertising-it's beginning to feel like there are more ads than articles. (IMHO) I think my new favourite magazine is the Cloth, Paper, Scissors one. The photos are really fantastic in it and there are lots of techniques to try, which I like. I also noticed that Somerset is putting out a book on ATCs. I would really like to have a look at that one-it looks like it's going to be good!

Okay I am off to make sushi so we can have it when we're ready for a lunch break. Laters!

No comments: