Friday, April 15, 2005

Letter Q

This is a page for the Abecedarium collaborative book I am participating in. The stamp is from my friend Tracy Roos, from her personal stamp line. I added the 17 on her crown is because "Q" is the 17th letter in the alphabet. On the reverse it lets you know this page is for letter Q, in case someone can't figure it out. The background was made using a shaving cream technique I learned last week from Pat. Thanks Pat! If nothing else, my page smells good! LOL!

That little rhyme is something I used to say as a kid. In Winnipeg where I grew up, the winters are ledgendary. There was a Safeway near my home that would have the big plows come and clear the parking lots, pushing the excess snow into piles on the edges of the lots. Over time, the piles would get enormous. One of us kids would scramble up to the top and yell "I'm the Queen/King of the castle and you're the dirty rascal!!" The rest would then charge the mountain of snow and try to push the Queen/King off the top and take their place. It's a wonder none of us ever broke anything or got a concussion-the piles were pretty high and anyone being pushed would tumble head over heels down to the bottom! I just remember playing that for hours.

A friend of mine was one of those "dirty rascals" and she actually wrote a song with those words in the lyrics, which is what gave me the idea for this page. (If you want to hear the song, click here. Hit the "listen" button on upper right on the page.)

I have 2 more letters to complete (C and H) so more pics coming soon!

No comments: