Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Beeswax collage

I decided to play around with some beeswax I had this morning. I made this little collage on canvass with it, using some dressmaker's tissue, some vintage buttons, a fragment of doilie and measuring tape and this wonderful photo (circa 1930's) of a sewing class.

I liked how the elements "glued" on quickly and easily, but I wasn't crazy about how sticky the piece feels when it's done. I am worried it will stick to the surface it's sitting on if it got too hot in the house. I am going to do some research to see if there's any way to help it set. I did have it in the freezer for a bit. (I can only imagine what my guys would say if they happened to find ART in the freezer! I think I would be one step away from them having me committed!)

Anyway, it was an experiment and you can't learn anything if you don't play once in awhile! If nothing else, it smells good! (I love the smell of bees wax.)

No comments: