Saturday, October 08, 2005

Circle of Friends

Thursday night I went to a Show & Tell and potluck dinner with 8 friends who started out as students in my 6 week altered book clss. They are such a great group of ladies and after the class they decided to stay in touch. The show & tell happened becuase some of us went to Artwerx in August and thought it would be fun to get together and show our projects off. Of course it didn't hurt that we also decided to have dinner together-all of the ladies are great cooks. It's immensely satisfying to come together with people who enjoy the same type of art you do. As I have said many times before, the best part of altered art for me is actually the wonderful people I meet as a result.

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada so it will be busy with cooking big bird (the turkey) and celebrating. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. I hope you all have plenty to be thankful for- I know I do!

I have been working on a special booklace the last few days. It's something I wanted to do ever since I saw my friend Janice W's at Artwerx. She was kind enough to loan me hers so I could see up close how it goes together. It's almost finished!

Oh and for those of you who are Papier Valise fans, there are a bunch of new and exciting provisions that have just been added to the mix. Pop on over and check them out-all kids of things to inspire! I especially love the silk ribbon Autumn trio, the Black Foil Pumpkin Men and the purple rhinestones. Those are all on my wish list!

I am still waiting on confirmation of my registration for Artfest, which takes place next March. I am *SO* excited. The joke is that I am more excited about meeting some dear friends I know online more than I am about taking classes. The classes are sort of an extra, really. Isn't that just silly? I am nothing, if not a social butterfly. I love people! So far I heave heard from my friends: Deb Trotter, Celine Navarro, Cynjon Noah and Carla Naron. If I have fogotten anyone, sorry! Being ill for two weeks has turned my brain to mush. If you are going to Artfest, drop me an email and let me know!!

No comments: