Monday, October 31, 2005

I was just playing around this morning with paint and canvas and this was the result. I really like these colours-paper bag, barn red and buttermilk. This is just a very small 4 x 4 size. I picked it up quite some time ago and forgot I had it until I started reorganizing my art supplies.

My first shot at this was not working for me so I painted over the entire thing and started again. I like this version better than the last.

The buttons were rescued from a friend's garbage can. She was throwing out a bunch of dirty vintage buttons and I thought "Hey! I like those!" She told me to help myself. You know that saying "One man's garbage is another man's treasure." It works for artists too! As I keep telling my students, my mantra is "There is no garbage!" LOL! From trash to treasure!

No comments: