Monday, December 19, 2005

Mail Call!!

Have I mentioned lately how great it is being an artist because it means you get the coolest things in the mail? I have been working outside my home for the last three weeks on a contract and I have practically been running home just to see what the daily offerings from the postal carrier are. Today yielded a healthy stack-too deep in fact to fit through my piddly little mail slot, so it was sitting beside my door.

In the pile there was one sad coupon and a TV guide for my dh and the rest was MINE!! *Giggles with glee* There was a great packet of ephemera from my friend Linda, some Xmas cards from a couple of my friends, one from my godmother, (bless her heart) and best of all, MY ARTFIBERFEST CONFIRMATION!! YAY!!

So I got all my first choices for Artfiberfest. I am taking Wild and Wooly Rug Hooking on Thursday, Artfolio on Friday and Joyous Expression Flat Figures on Saturday. I am so excited since textiles were really my first real experience with art and design and it's amedium I am completely confortable working in. I first started quilting 13 years ago. I have not done anything textile based with the exception of fabric book designs for two of Jan Smiley's books in quite some time so it will be fun to dip my toes back into that pool.

I am also so excited to be travelling with two friends whom I adore. Actually, I am travelling with great friends to both Artfest and Artfiberfest this year. It's going to be so much fun and I know we will have lots of stories to tell when we get back! In the meantime, there will be much planning of what goodies we want to take and who has what and what art bits we can share with one another. There's nothing better than having good friends to share this kind of stuff with!

Anyway, that is my big news du jour. If you are thinking about whether or not you want to go to Artfiberfest, do come-it's my first year to go, but I am already having so much fun I can hardly stand it! The more, the merrier!

No comments: