Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mail Love!!

The postal lady brought more birthday goodies! There was the wonderful birthday collage from Liz Smith which I love! See how she put my birthdate on it? And buttons! Love the buttons!! The colours in this piece are so pretty!

I also received an Indigo Girls CD from my friend Nikki which was on my wishlist. I can't wait to pop it in and have a listen. They are one of my most favourite groups-I love their lyrics and the harmonies and Nikki loves them as much as I do! I will think of her when I listen to it.





This birthday ATC came from my art angel, Karenann. She is always gifting me with unexpected goodies in the mail. I just love her art and she is just the most gentle heart. God, look at those layers!! Amazing and inspiring.

Celine totally surprised me with another goodie off my wishlist-a book called Fabric Art Journals! It has some wonderful ideas in it and I can't wait to have some spare time to really sit down and read through it.

My mother and father in-law sent me the loviliest birthday card which said "You are loved with a special love. You are a treasure to this family." That was just the nicest sentiment! My in-laws are great people and very good to me. I am lucky.

I have to say at this point, I am feeling quite overwhelmed, spoiled and blessed and I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has sent their well wishes, gifts of spirit and of goodies, who have called and emailed. I wish everyone had friends as dear and thoughtful as mine. The world would most certainly be a better place.

4 comments:

Deb said...

To die for little piece of art! Isn't it wonderful to be so loved? You deserve it! Just think what 10 mores years will bring. Can't wait to see what other goodies you scoop up. You'll have to build a studio just to contain your gifts!

Deb

LoriLaurieLauri said...

Happy Birthday!

You are going to LOVE the Fabric Art Journals book! I have it, and I can sit for hours just looking at the pictures!

Sofia Barao said...

happy birthday to you too :)
Just got my order from paper valise and love it :) thanks :)

Tatterededge said...

Thanks everyone, it was a great b-day!