Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mail Call!!




The magical mailbox had goodies for me this morning! My friend Deb Lewis had mailed me her contribution for the Beautiful Bead swap and along with her gorgeous beads, she sent me a present! This wonderful Bumble Baby
and this pretty ATC!! (How I love buttons!) I think one of the best things about having artist friends is that instead of having nothing but bills come in the mail, you get delightful pieces of art like this!!

Someday when I have a real studio, I will have all the cool artwork my friends have given me in one place. I can only imagine how inspiring it would be to have an entire room dedicated to art.Right now there is art sprinkled here and there throughout my house. I hung the Bumble Baby from the cabinet door on my computer desk so I can see it all the time. It's adorable.

THANK YOU Deb!! I love everything you sent!! Opening gifts first thing in the morning-what a great way to start the day!


To see more Bumble Babies, visit Deb's website here and go to "Fabric & Fiber".












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH.. i can actually post a comment here?? Finally! :)

That is SOOOO funny about your Gram.. I have a similar story of my own and my husbands Gram...SO SO funny.. she said to me at one point "I just don't get it!--I don't think this is art and why do you put all that crap together??"...Just a different generation!
:)

emhowl said...

How I agree with you about buttons (and about having space to display).

Elizabeth

emhowl said...

How I agree with you about buttons (and about having space to display).

Elizabeth