Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Fish Tale

This is a piece of art I created this morning for a calender RR I am in. It's funny what sticks in your subconcious and comes out as art. After I created this, I realized I have had alot of fish related things pop up in my life this week-discussions about the ocean, about things that seem fishy, eating fish and chips in the park, one of my dear friends calling me "Tuna" all the time...(long story as to what that's about, but she means it in the most sweet and loving way.)

I am always amazed at what comes out when I just shut off the thinking part of my brain and allow whatever wants to be created appear. I think that is creativity in its purest form.

2 comments:

Mary Stanley said...

Love your colors! And I think the Dalai Lama couldn't have picked a better spot for his Center! I love BC, too! And I want to go to Stanley Park and have fish and chips!

Shari Beaubien said...

I love the blues and purples of the background, Lelainia. Is your fish a charm? It's hard to tell from the picture. And I wanna hear that tuna story! I've always wondered...

Hugs, Shari