Thursday, November 02, 2006

Arting On

My state of unwell continues. Because of that, I am reduced to doing art in small snippets in between painful ear/sinus/headaches. I don't know how good the art making is when I am doped up on pain killers, but there's no way around it right now.

Anyway, soldiering on, I am making ATCs for a swap Penn and I plan to drop in on on the weekend while we shop hop for art supplies. I am looking forward to getting out for a bit. These are made with water soluble oil pastels, which are one of my favourite things. I just love the colours and the blending process. It's relaxing to sit and paint backgrounds with them. The crow is from Green Pepper Press, from the set that I ordered recently.

The other thing I wanted to share with you is that there is now a 12 Days of Xmas blog, featuring the swap I am hosting. To see what that's all about, click on the 12 Days of Xmas button on the sidebar. Go on, you know you want to!!

Also, I emailed the folks at Cosmo Cricket to tell them how great I think their papers are and I have not one, but two emails in response from them. They seem like awfully nice folks and really, you are doing yourself a favour if you go check out their products. Their "Wanted" paper line is far and away my favourite, but I also love "Wonderland" which is the Xmas line. I normally don't go for Xmas stuff, but they have such a wonderful vintage feel to them, how could I resist? I freely admit, I am an absolute paper junkie. It's sick really, but heaven help you if you try to stage an intervention! I have scissors and I am not afraid to use them!! *grin*

Time to go rest my aching head now. Catcha later!

Edit: See? I am in a fog! I forgot to also mention that I have done some updating to my website and there is now a Gallery 11 that features my adventures with digital collage! Happy surfing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're still sick - take care and get well soon!

Laura said...

This illness has got to go!!!!! Did you go to the doctor yet? I hope you feel well enough today (Saturday) to enjoy your time with Penelope!!!!!! and I agree about the paper hoarding and Cosmo Cricket! My friend Jane goes ape whenever she hears the word Cosmo Cricket!!