Friday, December 29, 2006

Making a List!

WOW! Only a couple more days left of 2006! Like many of my artist friends, I am working on my art goals for 2007. So far, my list looks like this:

-Cut way back on swaps so I can work on things that really excite/inspire me as they come up. (Freeing up my time.)
-Have business cards professionally printed.
-Go to Artfest again so I can refill my creative well.
-Create a portfolio of my work.
-Continue doing design work.

There might be more to it than that, but that's a good start.

Laura was talking about the book she read this year, which got me thinking about which books I really loved. They were:

Gone by Jonathan Kellerman
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury
Blackbird, Still Waters and Show Me the Way by Jennifer Lauck

I also have some movie picks from 2006:

The Prestige (Thriller/Suspense)
Little Miss Sunshine (Comedy/Drama)
The Descent (Horror)

I will be taking a couple days off blogging over the weekend, but I do want to wish everyone a wonderful new year. This New Year's Eve marks the 17th anniversary of my first date with my husband. It boggles the mind to think it has been that long! Ahh...LOVE!

5 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Happy 'Anniversary'! :) Just popping by to wish you a very Happy New Year! Thanks for the book & film recommendations, I look forward to finding & enjoying them :)

Enjoy your celebrations and have a bright & beautiful 2007!

Sue xXx

Anonymous said...

Cutting down on swaps is a great way to focus more on your own creative pleasures. I did that a few years ago and it worked until I had to come to an almost full stop due to family health issues. But all that is behind me now and not only do I feel like creating again, I feel like swapping. Your art list is great. Good luck on achieving all of your 07 goals. Happy New Year, Annie

Melissa Lowry said...

Happy New Year! Hope you will have a stress-free and yet creative New Year, and also hope I will see you at some art gathering in 2007.
Melissa

kathywas said...

Happy New Year, girlfriend!! I think that there are quite a number of gals who share in your goal of cutting back on swaps. I put it right up there with the standard "try to lose weight" resolution! I wonder which one will get broken first!!

Thanks for sharing the movie info. A family friend just recommended "Little Miss Sunshine" to us last night. Going off now to Netflix to see if it's available!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Beth said...

OHHHH....wasn't little miss sunshine just the best ???
As a family, we just loved that one !!!
And Miss Laura is going to have a very busy year with her nose in a book based on her reading list...she just cracks me up no matter what she's doing !!!
EAT PRAY LOVE was my book of 2006...the best !!!!