Deb Lewis & Liz Smith both tagged me so I guess I had better 'fess up! Here's why I am weird:
1. I was on a crisis line for 8 years. My favourite calls were the suicide calls. When I was in training, people would go on and on about how scared they were to think they were going to have to take these calls. (Which really only amount to 4% of all calls received-the rest are divided up into things like addiction, abuse, relationship issues, mental health (the biggest piece of the pie), financial problems, Information & referral, etc.) I never ever felt this way. I was never scared while talking to someone who was having suicidal thoughts or was in progress. I just felt that it was the type of call where I had the chance to really employ my best skills. I loved the work.
which leads to...
2. I simply cannot abide suffering. I feel things very deeply and if someone is hurting, I feel compelled to do something about it.
3. I do not like wet feet. If I am out and about and my feet get wet, I am DONE! Nothing makes me miserable faster than my socks squishing.
4. I am deathly allergic to yoghurt, but not to any other dairy.
5. I am extremely intuitive and I live my life that way.
6. I have a memory like a steel trap for music, lyrics and weird trivia. My husband and son call me the queen of useless information.
I don't think I am all that weird...