Friday, January 26, 2007

Artistically Me


This is a piece I worked on yesterday for a collaborative I am hosting for my housemates at Artfest. I thought it would be cool to do a book just with the friends I will be rooming with. We are doing a few pages, but this one is to showcase our art. The idea was to make something that represents you and your style. I think I nailed it right here! The fun part is that there are some clues as to who I am within this piece that I will explain to them when we put our books together. (We are going to spend the evening of the first night assembling our books together at our house-can't wait!)

It's interesting purposely making a piece that represents my style. Awhile back I asked my friend Penn about my style because I didn't really think I had one. After hearing her explain what she sees when she looks at my art, I have a better understanding of what it is I appear to do. (Thanks Penn!) One thing I've realized in working on this particular piece is that I often like to work monochromatically or dichromatically. There's just something I love about playing with the hues within one colour family. Unknowingly, I do this alot. I think what I like about it is the smooth transition from one element to another.

I still have 3 more pages to design and prepare before I can think about what the covers are going to look like. Luckily there are 61 days till Artfest!!

1 comment:

One Crabapple said...

What a great idea ! and I wish I was a housemate !

But I will be there...! Hope I see you and we meet and hug ! I am sure I will have nothing intelligent to sayyyy.. so when I am just standing there nodding and smiling liike I got no sense ! ((laughing)) remember that i would like to say more !

Look forward to seeing this project and how it turned out here on your blog after AF

Love, S