Thursday, February 08, 2007

Warm Fuzzies

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and if this photo of Joanna with her gifts is any indication, I would say that her first day of chemo was made so much easier by the love and friendship everyone who participated the Breast Friends collaborative showered her with.

In case you missed it, Joanna posted her thanks in the comments section of my previous post, as well as on her own blog.
Here's what she said:

"Dear Lelainia and all my Breast Friends,

I am still in awe of what my heart captured today through these wonderful amazing gifts. Yes, I wish each and every one of you could have been there to share those special moments. I cried, I made little noises of astonishment as my eyes gazed upon each page. What a precious time indeed. Then when I opened up the bracelet I just couldn't beleive it. Each charm is amazing and YES, i feel so loved and cared for. You all made my day a very special one indeed.

I actually had a blast at chemo today, I really did. I even have to wear it home for a few days and I'm feeling really good thus far. Tired but okay. I can't believe how fun it was and what a relief that this first day is past me. My friends so enjoyed the book and bracelet too. It was so fun to share and now they all want to make one. So maybe I can start some art fun with them all during chemo. See how it all works. Your giving to me inspires so many others.

Not last nor least, oh my Dear Lelainia, what a blessing you are to me to organized such a treasure. You have really touched the depths of my soul. The way you presented it to me just came fit for a princess. thank you honey so very much. You have a gift to do this and I so am honored to be the receiver of such joy. I feel I can't say enough but please do know you and every made this a very special day for me. May God bless you and all who gave of themselves. I will cherish these forever and wear my bracelet proudly.

With much love and gratitude, humbled yet uplifted in a way it gives me wings to keep moving forward...and I'm hoping to fly.
oxoxoxox
joanna"

***********************************

I just want to reiterate my thinks to everyone who sent in charms and pages for your heartfelt contributions and also to everyone who has commented and emailed me privately, saying sweet, sweet things. It was my pleasure to be able to facilitate this project. It gladdens my heart to be reminded once again that the mixed media community is filled with such kind and generous folks.

In other news, just a quick reminder that if you send me a virtual Valentine, I will enter your name in a prize draw! You have till Feb. 14th to do it. Click here to send one. Don't be shy!

I have been working on some new art, but everything is drying at the moment, so I can't scan it yet. In the meantime, if you need a dose of eyecandy, why not pop over to the Be My Valentine gift exchange blog? There's lots of wonderful things to look at there. A new gift is added each day up to and including Feb. 14th, so check back often!

2 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

joanna is such a beautiful lady and you can see by her expression that she is surrounded by such loving friends far & near!!
xox~k

That Creative Place said...

What a beautiful expression of caring for Joanna! I can tell you that gifts pf art during something like this feed the soul and give hope and smiles. I was diagnosed in January and had some wonderful people send me little beaded art dolls. I'm so fortunate that I don't have to undergo chemo but these gifts are real treasures to me.
Lisa