Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Triptychs!


My triptych returns arrived yesterday! This gorgeous bird inspired one was created by Jo Wholohan. She went the extra mile and made hers double sided. I don't know if you can tell by the photo here or not, but it has multiple layers of textiles and mediums to it. Amazing!




This one was from the hands of Jenny Lincoln. The base for the hearts is wood and she covered them with cool 70's fabric. (I remember this kind of fabric growing up!) This piece has a nice weight to it and I never would have thought of using wood. Clever!

And last but not least, this lovely creation from Susie La Fond, our gracious swap hostess. I really love the angels she used and the slight hint of colour. It's beautiful! Thanks ladies for creating these wonderful pieces for me and to Susie for hosting such a great swap.

Yesterday when the parcel containing my returns arrived, I slipped on the wet tile (like slipping on a banana peel) and fell all the way down the front steps while retrieving it. In the rain. In my pj's. Needless to say, I have injured my back and I am stiff and bruised. Not exactly how I wanted to start my day. I am still hurtin' today, but luckily, I have some heavy duty anti-inflammatories on hand and I plan to take one as soon as I get some brekki in me. On the bright side (if there is one) I don't think I've broken anything, although my tailbone sure feels like it!

Note to self: Art can be hazardous to your health!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geeezzzz girl - I hope you are feeling better! Your work is looking fantastic--as always! Hope you are still listening to the Cajun music I sent ya? Just don't try dancing right now to it (hehehe). Take care of yourself and keep up the beautiful work! Hugs...your Cajun buddy...debi