Sunday, November 18, 2007

Posting On the Fly

Hello all of you out there in blogland. I am still here. My life has been a flurry of preparations for completing phase two of our move. The upstairs of the house is now empty and so we've been cleaning and preparing to start painting today. We're working hard to be moved upstairs before the end of the month. I tell ya, I am becoming an expert in juggling and time management! (Though some days seem harder than others.)



The enjoyable part of all this hard work for me is getting to choose paint colours. I like thinking about what would look nice with our furniture and what kind of feeling I would like to evoke when someone comes into a room. Maybe other people don't consider what a room feels like, but I do. I don't know why, but I am sensitive to colour in that way and living spaces have vibes. I have been in places where I get an immediate "icky" feeling and later realize it had alot to do with the colours of the space. (I am not keen on the electric yellow and black combination of one of the local big box stores here-I will do anything I can to avoid going into those stores.) If you want to test the theory of a room's colour and vibe, visit your local IKEA store and wander through all the "rooms" they have on display. There are some I could happily move right into and others that do nothing for me and I am sure you will find the same thing. It's food for thought.



This move has been a long haul and very trying at times but what's keeping me going is that I know ultimately we will be happy once we are settled in our new home and I am going to have a new studio space to call my very own! I keep teasing my guys that they are going to be slipping notes under the door, begging me to come out and feed them. *grins* I can see myself losing all track of time in my own little world.



I am off this afternoon to teach at Place des Arts, which I am looking forward to. This is my last class for 2007! It's been a busy year and I am grateful for all the wonderful teaching opportunities that have come my way in the last 11 months. Teaching is so personally rewarding for me-I get so excited sharing what I love with others and seeing their own creativity catch fire. My friend Heather sent me the sweetest note after I posted my teaching schedule update to my Yahoo group. She said:


"Lelainia,


These are beautiful course offerings you are doing here. I really admire your wild, pioneering creative spirit. I'm not sure why, but I always makes me happy to see you adding your creativity to the world. It's very inspiring.

Love Heather"



Heather and I met years ago. I was her mentor when she joined the crisis line. She's an incredible painter (she's the one who gifted me with one of her paintings two weeks ago which I will share when I find the camera) and a sweet and kind spirit, so these words mean alot. It also gave me a wonderful idea which I will share with you in a later post.



I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have to run, but I'll be back soon, promise!

No comments: