Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Serendipity



WOOHOO! This is the working cover of the next issue of Haute Handbags, which comes out in April. This will be the issue that my very first article for Somerset gets published in. If you click the link and scroll down, you will see that there is also work being featured by my pals Deb Trotter and Kristen Robinson.

Deb's work is her Buckaroo Bags and the one featured is just so vibrant. I love the colours (my favourites), the bear embellishment and the sweet little First Nations girl. What's not to love? Kristen's work is Three Bags for Jane and the one shown is just so lovely, soft and romantic. Kristen has a real gift for creating along those lines and even though it's not my own style, her work makes me want to embrace my own inner girly-girl. (I know she's in there somewhere!)

Also, congratulations to Karna, a very talented seamstress friend of Deb's who collaborates with her in the creation of the Buckaroo Bags. Well done Karna and I hope you are feeling mighty proud of yourself too!

Sharing this issue with people I love and respect and have the blessing of calling my friends makes it even more special. Congratulations ladies!

No comments: