Saturday, February 02, 2008

With Heartfelt Thanks



Thursday night was the first of the two free workshops I am doing at Poirier Library. The turn out was wonderful and everyone was so kind. I really enjoyed myself and from the feedback that I recieved it sounds like those of you who came did too! THANK YOU for being such a great group, for interesting questions and for all the lovely things you had to say. I am humbled. Sharing of what I love with others is one of the very best parts of what I do. It's all very well and good to make art, but it's nothing if you don't get out of your studio and have the experience of sharing it with others. Next week is the hands-on part of the workshop and I am looking forward to it.



In the magical way my life works, the universe presented me with some wonderful opportunities on Thursday night. Some things are still in the process of being worked out, but I can tell you that I have been invited by the executive director of ArtsConnect to participate in The Port Moody Festival of the Arts Studio Tour in mid-April. From what I understand, this festival includes artist from the Tri-City area (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody) and the studio tour takes place in Port Moody. This means if your studio is outside of the tour area, you will be hosted at a venue, which is what will happen in my case. I will be stationed somewhere within the route and be showing my art and probably working on something while people visit. Isn't that exciting? I'll be posting more details as they become available.

In the meantime, it's back to work for me! I have a stack of new rubber from Paper Artsy just begging to be explored, preparations for an upcoming class, two art projects to finish and submit and we won't even talk about getting ready for Artfest! WHEW! It's a whirlwind in the studio these days and I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

arlene said...

The tour sounds really fun! Wish I could come.
The classes must be a hoot too. You're one busy gal!!