Saturday, June 28, 2008

More Publishing News!

About a year and a half ago, I was invited to create some art for this book by Ruth Rae & Kelly Snelling. I just got word that my advanced copy should be arriving any minute!

Copyright Tattered Edge 2007


The book is about collaborative mixed media jewellery and this is one of the pieces I made for it. If you look at Kelly's blog post here, at the very bottom, the last photo of the post is of a sea themed necklace, with my charm at the focal point. This charm looks simple, but there was actually a bit of work involved to make it resilient, as the elements-German glass glitter and a real tiny starfish are quite fragile.

I have other pieces included and it will be really exciting to see how they were incorporated into jewellery with other artists' work. A Charming Exchange is available for pre-order on Amazon and will be out in August.
I will share more about this book once my copy arrives. I'll be watching my post box like a hawk!

1 comment:

arlene said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Your charm is so beautiful.