Monday, November 24, 2008

Thoughts for the New Year

Indy (Indiana Jones) Autumn 2008
This is my little love. How can I help but adore him? He is sweetness and light. He gets me even on days when I don't even get myself. It's a blessing to be loved unconditionally by such a creature. One thing I've discovered about having a dog in my life is that I spend alot of time walking and thinking. I've had alot on my mind lately.

This has been a really tough year for so many reason. I will be so glad to say goodbye to 2008. Lately I feel more and more like letting things go-things that no longer serve me. It's funny how we get stuck doing the same things in our lives out of fear about what will or won't happen if we change it. In my experience, usually things turn out okay and if occasionally they do not, oh well! I just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

I always feel a pull at this time of year, a desire to "race to the finish line" of the old year and just start fresh with the new one. I find myself yearning for things to be different in 2009. I want to meet new friends and have the pleasure of getting to really know them. I want to strengthen old friendships and celebrate the love and comfort found in those relationships. I want to make more time for making art for art's sake-to rediscover the joy of simply being in that creative space without any expectation as to the outcome.

I hunger for community. I want meaningful connections.
It's time to shake things up.

2 comments:

MB Shaw said...

What a face he has....so adorable, I see why you love him. Nothing like the love of a good dog.
Hugs honey, you have had a tough road this year.

shebaduhkitty said...

I hear you on all counts! The rush to the finish line...
I have had a pretty good year, but still I LOVE to start fresh.