Monday, December 01, 2008

Bits & Pieces



Holy wow can you believe it's December 1st? I can't! We have only 31 days left of 2008! Time is just racing by. Speaking of which, I haven't updated my list in awhile, so here it is:

Reading: Jonathan Kellerman's latest novel in the Alex Delaware series "Bones". Nothing makes me happier than a new book in that series. I've read everything he's written and I own all but a few of the newest in the series, they're that good.

I also have a copy of the newest Artful Blogging. My pal Deb is featured in it and while I did read her article (which is fantastic if you are looking for info on branding yourself as an artist.) I must confess that I have not had time to read the rest of the magazine. I will get to it though!

Watching: HOUSE religiously. I can't get enough of that show, although last week's ep left me a bit bored. TAR which is always entertaining and the only good thing on on Sunday nights. I am still hanging in with Heros, but it's really circling the drain this season. Far too many gratuitous characters and the time-space continuum is giving me whiplash. I saw CNN's tribute to heros again this year and it's always so inspiring to know there are good people out there in the world.

Listening: I just downloaded Yo Yo Ma's new Xmas album, as well as Melissa Etheridge's from iTunes. Both are very good. My standby favourite from last year is James Taylor's.

Drinking: Yesterday my best friend Lisa brought me an early Xmas gift. Part of it was this big red Starbuck's mug I was coveting. After she left, I made some tea and came into the studio to work. I eventually went to take a sip and found there was a puddle on the coaster. So I cleaned it up, thinking I had bumped and spilled it somehow. A little later on, there was another puddle and then I realized my beautiful new mug had a long crack in it. *cries* Tomorrow I will swing by the Starbuck's and have them replace it.

Anticipating: All the craziness of the holiday season. I am going to do my level best to avoid all the crowds and get my shopping done early. I already have part of it completed. And as a sign of complete self indulgence and puppy love, I am taking Indy to have his picture taken with the pet Santa in a couple of weeks. I don't think he'll sit on Santa's lap, but maybe I can get him to sit next to Santa long enough to get a pic. I am justifying this by the fact that the money made from this silliness goes to an animal shelter, so it's all good.

Dreaming: Of presents. I'm a notorious giver, but I do love to receive thoughtful, personal gifts. I have a few special things on my wish list this year-a small fabric purse of some sort that I can sling across my shoulder to tote my journal, pens and iPod in when I want to go the coffee shop and unwind; some mixed media art books; comfy jammies and some new music. It's the simple things make me happy.

Doing: I taught my last workshop for 2008 last week, so now I am basically off till February's flurry of workshops. In the meantime, I have been cleaning the house and purging junk from our closets. I seem to do this at the year's end, probably because I like to start the new year off fresh. It's been quite satisfying to cull the clutter.

Creating: I am in a jewellery RR with a small group of friends and I have the first piece in the rotation which I need to work on this week and have in the mail by the 5th. No idea what I am going to add to it yet, but the wheels are turning.

And speaking of creative, I urge you to check out my friend Lisa's new blog. She just posted about decorating her home for the holiday and has photos that will just WOW you! Seriously. You'll want to crawl through your monitor and curl up on her couch and take it all in. Go look!

No comments: