Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Magic

I am sure I don't have to tell any of you this is a busy time of year. I know you will excuse me if I am remiss in posting over the next little while. Until someone gives me the ability to transcend the space/time continuum, something's gotta give!

We've been having a blast opening our gifts each day as we celebrate the 12 days of Xmas. If you missed me mentioning it in any of my other posts, you can live vicariously by visiting the 12 Days of Xmas Exchange blog.

This little aqua house was today's gift from Jeannine. She made each one different and to suit the person she was sending it to. Mine is just perfect and Jeannine did a wonderful job creating my studio. I just love it! (Although I must apologise for the pathetic photo-it's dim this time of night and not the best time to be taking photos.)


We got our tree over the weekend. I don't know how, but my guys picked the most perfectly shaped one. We didn't have to trim errant branches or hide an ugly spot against the wall or anything. It smells so good.



My son and I got the tree decorated with all the handmade ornies and ones that had personal meaning. I had a bunch of other stuff in our Xmas boxes and really, I should just weed out the junk. How did we end up with Xmas "junk" anyway? I think I am going to commit to getting rid of anything in the Xmas box that a) I don't love and b) doesn't have sentimental value. I bet I can cut in half what's in that box!

After we had finished trimming the tree and stepped back to admire it, I realized we'd forgotten to put the garlands on! I had purposely gone out and bought brand new, vintage aqua garlands to have on our tree this year and it completely slipped my mind! We weren't about to take everything off so we could add them, so they will be save till next year.


And here is my sweet puppy boy with his jingle bell collar on, sitting so nicely beside the tree, demonic eyes and all. *laughs* He's been incredibly good about not bothering the trees or the gifts. A few under there have his name on them, though I am afraid to put the one that has food in it there. I don't want to tempt fate!





Speaking of Indy, it was brutally cold here on the west coast today-colder temps than we are used to in these parts and it's a wet cold, the kind that chills you to the bone. Even Indy was feeling it, so he curled up on the couch under a handmade quilt.

All's chaos here in the studio as I work on a piece for publication. My muse was running full tilt today, spurred on by a surprise mixed CD that appeared in the magic mailbox. My friend Jen made it for me and it's great-just what I needed today to keep me productive. THANKS Jen!!

I imagine I will have company at home tomorrow. My son is pretty ill with a cold that morphed into an upper respiratory infection. He's been fighting for almost 3 weeks and just getting worse. This is a kid who is never sick so I have no problem letting him stay home in bed. He needs the rest. Sunday night, he had to go to the ER in the middle of the night, so I think after tomorrow, he's off till January. School lets out on Friday anyway.

Well, that's all the news from the frozen North. HOUSE is about to come on, so I'm off to watch. Move over Indy and give me a corner of that blanket!

No comments: