Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More Fun & GAMES!

Just when you thought my posts about the 2010 Olympics were over...*laughs* ...more news! Today seemed to cosmically be "Olympics day". This morning, I was cleaning out the closet in my bedroom. I put my winter clothes away and hung up the summer ones. I took down and carefully folded all the pieces of my blue uniform, packing them away for now. As I did so, I was thinking about all the wonderful memories I have from the Games.
This afternoon, I finally got my certificate for my participation in the Games. We've all kind of been wondering what had happened to them, as there seemed to be some confusion as to how we were getting them. Then *poof* it turned up in the magic mailbox today! Yay!

In addition to today's surprise, last week I got an invitation via email, for all the "Blue Jackets" to attend an event at the Athlete's Village on Saturday. I'm going and hoping to meet up with members of my team. (The Athletes' Marshalls.) It will be really great if we can catch up with one another. I'll share details when I've been gone and went. I am sure it's going to be a good time and I'll take my camera.

Then tonight, as I was getting dinner ready, my phone rang. It was someone from the MS Society asking me if I would agree to do an interview about being a Paralympic Torchbearer. I agreed to do the interview later tonight, by phone. The article will be appearing in Shared Voices, which is the MS Society's newsletter, I'm just not sure when, but when its available, I'll let you know.

I guess I will have more "stuff" to add to my Olympic ROD journal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I've wondered for a long time and have to ask what is a ROD?

Betty