Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Remains of the Day: Olympic & Paralympic Edition

From the very first day of my involvement with the Games, I began collecting ephemera, with the idea that I would create a journal with all the bits and pieces. Every day my teammates would see me picking up all kinds of stuff and shoving it in my backpack. On the night of the Opening Ceremonies, I even went so far as to scoop up a soaking wet ticket I found in the street. I don't know who was crazy enough to toss it away, but it dried out just fine and it's sewn into my book now!

I haven't had a chance to complete all the journalling I want to do, but I decided to share it with you anyway. I took it to my team's reunion dinner last month and it was the envy of everyone there. Having seen what I did with all the "junk" I collected, they don't think I am so off the wall now!



3 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful job on the journal. Exciting story & neat to see all the soveniers you picked up along the way. Great life experience!

RoseMary King said...

That is a great book and how fortunate for you to be part of the Olympics. I have been to your fair city twice and fell in love with the city and the people. Thanks for sharing.

I need orange said...

How cool that you got to experience all of that, and how cool for the rest of us to get a taste of your experience!!! :-)

Thank you for taking us along!