Thursday, September 08, 2011

Sweet Spot

Rise Up

I just had to post and share this. I worked on this image for Swan Dive before dawn this morning and I think it's one of my all time favourites of everything I've shot this year.

I took this photograph at Crescent Beach over the weekend when we took Indy there to have a swim in the ocean. Right above the dog beach is this incredible wild grass field and these huge seed pods were everywhere. I instantly recognized it for the gift it was and started shooting. The ladybug image I shared yesterday was also a part of this discovery.

I recommend clicking on the images to make them larger so you can really get the full effect-as several people have pointed out, the thumbnails do not do them justice!

Anyway, I am really pleased with this one. I love when I hit that sweet spot and everything comes together as if by magic. There's an art to getting out of your own way and just letting things unfold. It's my favourite part of creating.

2 comments:

Vivienne said...

i am SO loving this image!
i'm spending the entire day in the flickr group catching up (you swans are prolific) and hadn't made it to this image yet...so i'm so glad you posted it.

i love the tones you used....it really adds such a cool energy to the photo!

you should be pleased...its amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great image....love the processing...I agree with Vivienne...you should be pleased!