Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Winter Inspiration


Before long, the wet, grey dull of winter will be arriving on the west coast. It can make it hard to feel motivated and inspired to get out and shoot photos. (Especially if you have a new camera and don't want to ruin it!) However, the brilliant Vivienne, who also lives here and knows about wet grey winters has come up with a class specifically addressing these sorts of things....


lh2200

Yes, there's a new Light Hunters class, Getting Through the Grey! I just signed up because I know if I am taking the class, I will be inspired to keep shooting. I started this whole photography journey back in late January and now I am determined to keep working through to the one year mark. It will be the first time ever that I've documented an entire year of my life in photographs.

The other day when I was out shooting in Chinatown, as I was snapping away, I'd think "Here I am shooting the light, like I learned in Light Hunters." or "This is another self portrait which I learned to do in Wading In." or "I can combine those textures with what I learned in Swan Dive." It's been really wonderful to have so many new skills at my disposal. I used them to create the 26 pieces I submitted for the photo collaborative project I was growling about the other day. While the assembly may have been frustrating and difficult, the actual image creation was painless. I am really excited to have used those new skills in a project and have the result go out into the world.

If you're looking to make the long winter months more interesting, the link button to register for Getting Through the Grey is on my sidebar. The class starts at the beginning of December and runs through to the end of February.
Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

popps said...

Have you ever visited Hot Spring Cove off of Vancouver Island?