Tuesday, November 22, 2011

iLike: Things To Inspire

Frosted Oak Leaves (which iLike too!)

It's been awhile since I've done an iLike post, so let's get to it!

First of all, the fabulous Zaac Pick of Vancouver, BC has just released his second album, Whitewater today. I've already purchased it and I'm sitting here listening to it on an endless loop. LOVE IT! I posted the video for the title track last week which is worth watching, if you missed it-it's beautifully shot and so charming. You can download the new album here for a mere $4! If you get it now, you'll also get a bonus Xmas track Finding Christmas.



Secondly, I got my library to order Catherine Anderson's new book, The Creative Photographer, which was had so much useful information, I renewed it twice so I could take it all in. I like it so much that I am going to buy myself a copy. If you're someone who has caught the photography bug then this is a good book for you-in it she talks about what to DO with all the photos you've been taking. She covers a ton of techniques as well. It's a great book to have as a resource and with the coming winter days, it's the perfect publication to curl up in a favourite chair with.



Thirdly, Seth Apter's The Pulse of Mixed Media is now available for pre-order on Amazon. YAY! (Canadians can pre-order here.) My copy has been ordered and I can't wait-I have some work in Seth's book. It's always exciting to flip a book open and see my work on the pages. It just never gets old. The Pulse of Mixed Media is going to be a juicy read with 100 artists featured! It's due out in early March, so it should arrive just in time for my birthday!

***

In other news, we had one heck of a wind/rain storm here overnight. It woke us at 11:30 p.m. and raged all night long. It was so loud, it sounded like a freight train roaring through the house and the rain was being hurled at the windows. We get pretty good winds here because they come straight up off the water. It's a wonder we didn't fall off the grid-there were tons of people who lost power overnight. We got lucky, I guess! Finally at 4 a.m., we gave up trying to sleep and got up. The storm finally subsided at about 7 a.m. It's supposed to be windy and wet for the foreseeable future, so that's going to make Grey Cup festivities interesting. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Seth said...

Thanks so much for including my book in your post. And even more - thanks for contributing to the book!