Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Swan Dive Redux


Swan Dive began yesterday! YAY! This is my second time taking this class. I'm grateful for the opportunity to do it all over again because there's still so much to learn. I'm going to work on making friends with Photoshop and learn to use some other post-processing programs. There's still time to join in, if you hurry!


The photos I was working with yesterday are from my trip to the Salmon Graveyard, last November. (You can click on them to see them larger.)


 A couple months ago, Vivienne asked if I would be willing to do an interview about the work I did Swan Dive and it's posted in our virtual classroom today. What I liked about doing the interview was that it gave me the chance to really think about what I learned over the last year and how I have integrated that learning into my artistic practice. It was a good way to take stock of where I am after 14 months of continual classes and helped me see the progress I've made. (Which has been significant-I only started shooting with a DSLR 10 months ago!) 

A few years ago, when Artful Blogging first came out, I would leaf through a copy, see all the gorgeous photographic blog banners and eyecandy and think "Beautiful, but my blog will never have photographs like that." Little did I know that just a few years later, the opportunity to learn how to create what I consider visual poetry would present itself. It just goes to show that we never know what we're capable of-once upon a time, I was not a photographer.

1 comment:

Tara Finlay said...

These pictures are amazing. I especially love the picnic table. That one gives me chills (good ones!)