Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beautiful Mistakes

Tying up a few loose end, from the Rick Hansen relay in this post.


The day I shot this photo, taken on Thermal Drive, as Rick Hansen was wheeling his way up, Vivienne posted about beautiful mistakes. Ordinarily, I would have deleted this photograph because it was blurry. Fortunately, I read Vivienne's post before I looked at what was on my memory card and as a result, I saw this image in a completely different light. I think in it's own unique way, it captured the feeling of that moment perfectly. It's become one of my favourite memories from that day.


 There was also this shot, taken at the summit of Thermal Drive, when the relay paused for about 15 minutes, so Rick Hansen could address the huge crowd that had come to watch him conquer the infamous hill once again. It's another beautiful mistake that was meant to be. If you could actually see my brain taking a snap shot of that moment, this is exactly what the memory would look like.



And lastly, I wanted to share this photo with you. When I was on the shuttle bus, riding to where my relay start point was, I spotted this sign and pointed it out to the others. Wendy stopped the shuttle, so we could get a photo. I didn't have my camera with me-my husband had it so he could get photos of me, so Wendy kindly sent this to me the other day. It was really sweet of the church to think of us. It meant alot to us.

Okay, I think that's the last of the photos now! I'm finally all caught up!

No comments: