Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An Invitation to Inner Excavation


 So my sweet friend Liz wrote a book a couple years ago, called Inner Excavation  which is about exploring who you are through photography, poetry and mixed media. At the time, there really wasn't anything quite like it out there. I ordered my copy directly from Liz and she not only signed it, but because I pre-ordered it, it had pretty postcards and secret message tucked into it. Delightful!

The book is really beautiful and it's the sort of thing you can read over and over and have a different experience of it every time. It's like a gift that keeps on giving.



Recently, Liz came up with the idea to host an "inner excavate-along". What this is is a chance to join a community of creatives who are all going to read and work through the book together and share what comes of it with one another on a special Flickr group. 

Now here's the beauty part: Liz is offering this experience as a gift. The only cost to you is the purchase of the book, if you don't already own it. That's pretty amazing, since it's going to span 7 weeks over the summer!

When I bought Inner Excavation, I wasn't a photographer. I really loved and admired the photographic work of all the artists in her book, but I never thought I could be artistic with a camera. How things change! Even if YOU don't think of yourself as a photographer, (or a poet!) I'd like to encourage you to challenge yourself this summer and join the inner excavate-along. You really have nothing to lose and you might just learn something about yourself along the way.

Liz has posted the details here. She's also done a video post answering some of the questions people have been asking about the project here. If you need to order the book, NOW is the time to do it-we begin on June 11th! Hope to see YOU there!

No comments: