Monday, April 15, 2013

5 KM Walk/Run for NMO


So I have some great news to share! 
The first ever Canadian 5 km walk/run for NMO (Neuromyeltis Optica) will be taking place on Sunday May 26th, 2013 at Rocky Point in Port Moody, BC.

This event is possible, thanks to the hard work of Nancy Reimer, who is a mum on a mission: her 8 year old son Riley has NMO. 
The walk/run will help raise both awareness and crucial research dollars.

More information about the event can be found here.

If you'd like to register, you can do so here. There's an early bird rate until April 24th, so be sure and sign up today! 101 participants have already registered which is fantastic!

If you are unable to attend but would still like to help, you can do so by making a donation to my personal page here. (Where you can also read a bit about my NMO journey.) Every little bit helps and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

On the day of the run/walk, I will be volunteering and saying a few brief words at the welcoming ceremony. I hope if you're local, you'll come join us.

"Without awareness, there is no funding.
Without funding, there is no research.

Without research, there is no cure.
Without a cure, there is no hope.

We need to work together to make sure there is always hope."


Please feel free to share the link and/or this post!

No comments: