Sunday, June 16, 2013

Catching Up!


(Graffiti I spied yesterday!)

Hello! It's been awhile since I last posted. I've been uber busy! May was a whirlwind and somehow that managed to spill over into June. I have had next to no time in the studio so far this month. Instead I've been running back and forth to doctor's appointments interspersed with socializing and a day or two of much needed down time.

Last night was the first Popluck flash mob picnic of the summer. (Or last one in the spring, depending on how you want to look at it.) We had a great time and saw a few familiar faces from last year. It was held in the square beside the Law Courts in New Westminster. The food was delicious and we got to meet some new people, which is always fun. Now we're just waiting for Al Fresco to launch theirs.

I received an invite from the UBC Health Mentors program to help interview potential Health Mentors over the summer. They are recruiting for 2013-2014, so if you live in the Lower Mainland and either live with chronic illness and/or disability or are a caregiver to someone who does and are interested in volunteering with the program, give me a shout and I'll put you in touch. I can't say enough good things about the program, it's value and the students and faculty involved. It's having such a positive impact.

I am about to embark on a *secret project* in the next week. It's something pretty big, but I can't say any more than that. It's really cool and a great adventure which I will share with you when I am free to do so. (It will be awhile, so you'll have to be patient!) Let's just say it's one of those life list things. *wink*

Next weekend in the wrap up for the volunteers for the FCM conference. The city is renting out a theatre and treating us to an afternoon at the movies. I'm looking forward to catching up with friends. The following Sunday, I have tickets (which I won from Vancouver Jazz Festival!) for Shane Koyczan. I just *adore* him! He's playing with Short Story Long at the Vogue. I've invited my friend Jenn to come with me. I can't wait!

I am grateful to have so many good things going on right now, to try and distract me from the fact that I am having to have treatment again. *sigh* Steroids, as my friend Nancy puts it are Satan's tic tacs. They are extremely hard on the body, but a necessary evil. I am doing a high dose pulse with pills (as a concession to my complete unwillingness to give up my plans to NMO right now) but if my neuro isn't happy with the results after 10 days, I will have to go in and do 3 (or possibly more) days of IV steroids. I'm battered, but unbowed and forging ahead through sheer force of will right now.

I have an art date in Early July with my pal Carol and we're going to spend an afternoon Gelli Printing, so there WILL be art on this blog again eventually! I've been stocking up on paint because I know once we start, we're not going to be able to stop! Oh and I should also mention that the fabulous Mary Ann Moss has a new class launching soon, called Sewn. The talented Roben-Marie Smith also has a new workshop, You've Got Mail...Art! which looks amazing. Both look like a lovely way to while away the summer!

Okay, must run! It's Father's Day and my darling husband is waiting for me to make him a special brekki. We're taking him out for lunch later at Granville Island. I'm hoping to shoot some nice photos of him with our son.

No comments: