Sunday, July 07, 2013

An Art Date



It's been an artful weekend so far. Yesterday my pal Carol came over for an art date, to try her hand at Gelli Plate printing. While she was busy playing with paint, I put together this journal for myself using some of the prints I've made. I absolutely LOVE it!

Here's a quick flip through video I made to give you a peek of what's inside. Several friends have encouraged me to make similar journals available in my Etsy shop, so I've decided to do it. The one in the video was a prototype so there will be some improvements to the ones I will be making for my shop. I'll let you know as soon as they are ready! 


I wanted to try printing on labels yesterday. I think these would be fun to add into my journals. I bought a box of labels, so I have plenty left to experiment with.


Carol had a great time creating. She ended up printing about 30 pages and she said she could see why I said bring a whole package of cardstock. Once you start, you can't stop! She made some great papers and I think she will be hunting down textures to use for next time!

We had a nice lunch-I made my favourite chicken, brie and fig jam sandwiches and Carol brought a yummy chocolate cream pie to share. It's amazing how quickly 6 hours can fly by when you're having fun!

No comments: